Kit “A” includes devices and tools to contain leaks in and around the cylinder valve and in the side wall of chlorine cylinders, US DOT #3A480 & 3AA480. Note: The Chlorine Institute Emergency Kit “A” is the only chlorine emergency kit for chlorine cylinders that is manufactured to the design specifications of the Chlorine Institute.
A-Kit Design Features
Device #1: Designed to contain leaks in and around the cylinder valve (Illustrated).
- Fits cylinders with oversized neck rings and cylinders with the valve protective housing attached
- Accommodates cylinders up to 15″ in diameter with bumped or foot-ring cylinder bottoms.
- Radius bottom gasket made of Viton®
Device #2: A clamping device to seal leaks at the fusible plug (screwed-in & poured type plugs.)
Device #8: Patching device to seal leaks in cylinder side wall.
Accessory Tools: Kit “A” also includes a variety of hand tools, inspection seals and additional sealing devices. All items are labeled with a part number, color coded red and stored inside a durable polyethylene kit box.
Additional Applications and Accessories:
- Sulfur Dioxide Emergency Kit: #KIT-SA. Complete kit for sulfur dioxide cylinders.
- Sulfur Dioxide Gasket Kit: #SA. Contains gaskets designed specifically for use on sulfur dioxide cylinders and is to be used in conjunction with the Chlorine Institute Kit “A”.
- Ammonia Emergency Kits: #NH-KIT. Complete kit for containing leaks on ammonia cylinders.